Ideally you must have experience in Account Managing although not necessarily food based. Sales targets are set for the year and broken
down into monthly and quarterly targets. You will need strong IT skills and be very competent and internet application, Excel, Word and emails.
You must make sure we reach these targets to keep sales on track. The Sales Director is responsible for securing new customers and then he
will hand these over to you to manage the ongoing relationships with the customers.
- liaise with customers most of the time over email and telephone.
- spend a lot of time planning and organising.
- have a sales budget out of which you will create a plan and agree promotional offers with customers, put these into a plan and liaise with marketing.
- update the online sales board daily and at the end of the month you will produce a detailed sales report.
- deal with any enquiries or complaints from trade customers.
- fill in new line and listing forms when necessary.
- make site visits to wholesalers and supermarkets at least once a year. A company car will be provided for this purpose.
- exhibit at several shows in the UK and overseas throughout the year and you will be required to attend these, working with marketing to promote the products.
NOTE: Shows often take place over the weekend and you will be away from home for two or more days at each of these events.
You will be required to attend these events.
Reporting to the Sales Director your will;
- look after all our customers; supermarkets, wholesalers, distributors and retailers.
- keep all customers informed of new products.
- work with customers to stock our whole range.
- work with customers to increase their order volumes.
- produce monthly reports.
- attend shows both in the UK and overseas including some weekends.
- work closely with the Marketing Department.
Although reporting to the Sales Director as an Account Manager you will be expected to self manage and be able to hit the ground running
and make the role your own.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience. Although travelling is not a primary part of this position there is a company car accompanying this
role. We have just joined the NEST pensions scheme and are about to put a private medical insurance scheme in place.